Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Who Knew How Much a TV Could Cost?

At first I thought this blog was going to need, as a preface, a warning to all women in heterosexual relationships. You see I had a friend over one Sunday and while we were watching football, my wife had three complaints:

1. Our TV wasn't new enough.
2. Our TV wasn't big enough.
3. And finally, we didn't have Sunday Ticket.


Now, most men would put that conversation in the file of 'Must Have Been Dreaming'. Most men would count themselves lucky just to have a wife whose list of complaints includes even one of those complaints. Not only did my wife have all three, it stopped there.

Or so I thought.

In hindsight, perhaps Future Shop or Best Buy would have been the place to go. Even rogers.ca would have been a better first step, but somehow on the way to buying a TV we found ourselves stopping in to look at a brand new townhome. And that shouldn't have been a big deal. We've been to many open houses - shopping without intent. But then I guess we never needed a TV before. And that's the catch. This townhome came with a TV.

Sure, we loved the huge open spaces, tall ceilings, great layout, gorgeous kitchen, blah, blah, blah. But at the end of the day, it seems we've bought the one of the worlds most expensive TVs. Of course, it does come with a new townhouse.

Now conspiracy theories will likely start popping up all over the net about how Donna knew about the townhome's built in flat screen and how really she was just after the townhome when she complained about our old TV. Some will even speculate that the end game was actually a dog, which was not allowed in our current apartment.

Not me. I know my girl. She still wants to get Sunday Ticket.

3 comments:

SB said...

Honestly, I was hoping for a TV a little bigger.

Anonymous said...

I hope the new kitchen is nacho-proof and there is an extinguisher ensuite so to speak! As for the TV - well please - it is football season - bigger is better. Don't forget Hi Definition - you will need it with Sunday Ticket....I hope this baby comes with a multi-screen option because that "picture within a picture" availability makes you feel that the fee for Sunday Ticket is well spent indeed.

SB said...

Forget the picture-in-picture, buy 5 more flat screens.