Sunday, January 27, 2008

AFRO ROBICS

That's what the sign said. It wasn't a big yellow sign on wheels with a trailer hitch. It wasn't the kind that people rent and park outside of their store when they are having a sale, but it did have the same style of lettering.
It was a big white sign in front of the community center not far from the parking lot where I saw Ninjas. When I saw the Ninjas, which was after I saw the sign, I started to doubt that I had seen the words AFRO ROBICS. I started to second guess myself. Perhaps it did say aerobics.
But that wasn't my first thought. My first thought, before seeing the Ninjas, was that they had lost their letter E's and thought that an F was close enough. I couldn't explain the gap and I was thinking about the gap when I saw the Ninjas, which as I've said made me question myself.
But in the end, they meant AFRO ROBICS. Who knew?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to find out what "Afro Robics" is?

SB said...

http://www.schemamag.ca/archive2/2006/12/afrorobics_fitness_blending_af.html

And, just so you know, if you google "Afro Robics," this is the 6th hit.

d.i.n.k. said...

That's comedy.