Thursday, January 31, 2008

Roy o' Roy

I don't mean to pick on Roy Arden. I've never met the man. I'm sure I've laid eyes on him, but I can't pretend to know him. In fact I assume I've seen him because I was at his opening tonight at the Monte Clark Gallery. The irony of which doesn't escape me.
After seeing his work at the Vancouver Art Gallery, you may recall that I ranted about the quality of art in our cities art galleries and suggested that anyone who wanted to see some interesting work would have better luck on the South Granville Rise. If you haven't been to Monte Clark Gallery, I guess I should tell you that it is in fact on the South Granville Rise. So that shows you what I know - not too damn much.
Here's to you Roy - whether I get you or not, you're a much more successful artist than I am.

6 comments:

SB said...

If you're writing about this artist's work, why did you put up a photo of an elementary school student's collage about the development of the sewing machine? Oh.

Anonymous said...

oh, hi.
thinking about you, old friend. hope you are doing alright.
me? still taking it easy for all the sinners.
you should come visit. there´s a room here for you.
bill
hamburg

Anonymous said...

bill = biwcakes@yahoo.com

growden said...

what happened to the effing blogger who blogged this blog?

Anonymous said...

he realised he wasnt that clever

SOBER OVER 40 said...

Hey DINK....
You still in Van.... 'cause I am... for three more nights only... last time I saw you was 1998... when I came here en route to Tofino... then Newfoundland...

touch base if you can... google works..

signed
YORK U DINK II